govindas
went out last night to govindas, and had a good non-alcohol fuelled night. my parents were a little apprehensive about me going out though, the conversation was thus:
Parents: "where is this place?"
Me: "darlinghurst"
Parents: "you mean kings cross?"
Me: "no, darlinghurst!"
Parents: "the seedy part of kings cross?!"
You can't win.

Anyways, the buffet wasn't that crash hot, but to tell the truth, I really wasn't aware that everything I was eating WAS vegetarian, so I guess it was pretty tasty. Afterwards, we went and watched a movie at the 'boutique' cinema upstairs, where you get to sit down and watch the movie on these huge cushions ... bliss. We watched 'The Motorcycle Diaries', which was about Che Guevara ... something I didn't realise until the VERY END! But general consensus was that Gael Garcia Bernal is pretty hot ... and the story (although overtly political - but what can you expect?) was well-shot (good use of lighting), and great locations. There also was the sense that some of the people in the film weren't actors, they were truly native to that area, so the interactions between them and the actors had an element of truth? All in all, a really good film.
Parents: "where is this place?"
Me: "darlinghurst"
Parents: "you mean kings cross?"
Me: "no, darlinghurst!"
Parents: "the seedy part of kings cross?!"
You can't win.

Anyways, the buffet wasn't that crash hot, but to tell the truth, I really wasn't aware that everything I was eating WAS vegetarian, so I guess it was pretty tasty. Afterwards, we went and watched a movie at the 'boutique' cinema upstairs, where you get to sit down and watch the movie on these huge cushions ... bliss. We watched 'The Motorcycle Diaries', which was about Che Guevara ... something I didn't realise until the VERY END! But general consensus was that Gael Garcia Bernal is pretty hot ... and the story (although overtly political - but what can you expect?) was well-shot (good use of lighting), and great locations. There also was the sense that some of the people in the film weren't actors, they were truly native to that area, so the interactions between them and the actors had an element of truth? All in all, a really good film.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home