Wednesday, February 15, 2006

captain spurgeon dies ... and other tales of my mother's bad luck

RIP Lotte, Maxine, Craig, McMurphy and Captain Spurgeon.

My mother is now convinced she's bad luck. We were out for a walk and she crossed the road, and bam! A truck smashed into the back of a parked car.

I've convinced my mother to lock herself up in a room for the next few days, and i've promised her meals every six hours.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wish i could convince my mum to lock herself in a room!
but it doesnt sound like your mum has bad luck - it sounds like she' stopping traffic!

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...All your goldfish died????

Okay, I sort of know how you feel. My siamese fighting fish, Neptune, died on Monday morning... I don't know why. I bought a new one today though ^_^ I called him Leviathan, but no one else in my family understands why he's called that :(

Anyway, it really does sound like something's horribly wrong with your water quality. ...You forgot to add the water ager/purifier, didn't you? :P Did you check and adjust the pH? Also they say that you should let the tank to stand for at least 24 hours (I never do that, but anyway, you never know...). Also, where is your tank located? If it's in direct sunlight, then you might have cooked your fish o.0! All this hot weather lately might have got to them. ...Or do you just have a really crap filtration system?? You do have filtration, right? If the tank was over crowded, then maybe they ran out of oxygen? *shrugs*

Anyway... are you gonna be using that tank any time soon? I've been thinking about getting back into fish. ;) The tropical ones look really pretty ^_^

10:43 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

sure thing, you can have the tank and aerator for $15 - we've just used it once, and we only bought it yesterday for $30!

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'll buy it (...if it means that your mum can't kill any more fish o.0!). But would that be alright with your parents if I bought it? What size is it anyway? 30 Litre?

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home