I had to do a maths test in my job interview!
Gosh, I haven't done fractions in forever!
Admittedly, this was for a job at a tutoring college. The test showed me simple things - I can't remember how to do fractions, long division, I even had qualms about simple multiplication etc. I haven't done maths since frickin' high school, and my last test was two years ago for History Extension HSC.
So, I wasn't prepared. I thought it would be a nice sit-down interview, 'what are your strengths blah blah blah', 'are you good working with kids?'
A maths test?!
You know I was allowed to use a calculator in the HSC!
But, I miraculously got the job. How's that for dumb (and I mean that literally) luck?
Admittedly, this was for a job at a tutoring college. The test showed me simple things - I can't remember how to do fractions, long division, I even had qualms about simple multiplication etc. I haven't done maths since frickin' high school, and my last test was two years ago for History Extension HSC.
So, I wasn't prepared. I thought it would be a nice sit-down interview, 'what are your strengths blah blah blah', 'are you good working with kids?'
A maths test?!
You know I was allowed to use a calculator in the HSC!
But, I miraculously got the job. How's that for dumb (and I mean that literally) luck?

3 Comments:
what company?
kumon
lol! Good ol' Kumon :)
Post a Comment
<< Home