Tuesday, October 10, 2006

soph's dinner and dinner @ brighton

Dinner at Soph's was excellent - tacos! Everything is better with tacos! Laura made creme caramel, Rena brought chicken nuggets, Leana brought black forest cake, Julia & Tapas looked like they had raided the entire snackfood section of the local IGA, and I brought potato salad (which I can't take credit for - Mum made it)

We hung out, chatted, prepared food - I tried to get everyone into Doctor Who, but the episode on was the second half of the season finale and no-one had a clue what was going on.

Then after Julia & Tapas arrived, we had dinner chatting about fun topics like setting someone's hair on fire. Tapas is lovely Jules, you guys are good together!

Then we did other fun things like watch clips of Japanese game shows, that involve putting guys in hilarious situations, and caning them if they laugh.

The night was a roaring success, especially considering I managed not to crash the car whilst giving Laura or Leana lifts home!

________________________________________

Dinner at Brighton-Le-Sands with Bianca and Yu-Wen was fantastic. They're primary school friends (yes, we go back that far).

After parking in very close proximity to a police car, we had dinner at a gorgeous little Mod Oz restaurant on the main stretch, and chatted about archaelogical digs, uni, life in general.

Afterwards we went to the Brighton-Le-Sands Ice Creamery, a place which has been there for more than 15-years. This place was such a feature of my childhood it's not funny. And for old times' sake I got my absolutely favourite flavour: Mint Choc-Chip.

Yay for everyone seeing each other again, and I swear since we've survived this long, we'll survive longer!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i worked with a girl who was family friends with the people who own that ice-creamery.

12:18 AM  
Blogger PiCkLeS said...

what!??! Sophia cooked and you're all alive?!?! amazing!! =P

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home