super nerd
Right now a big fat book called 'Government, Politics and Power in Australia' is staring me in the face, and I know I'm going to have to read it, but I really don't want to ... Its a Thursday night and i'm sitting at home doing research. I really want to be out though - a situation made worse by the fact that i've one person repeatedly sends me drunken smses.
So, essay questions! Very happy that i've decided on what essay questions to do:
For Colonialism & Modernity:
Q)Consider and compare examples from early and late colonial and postcolonial European literature to investigate how far it reflected changing ideas about the nature and value of colonialism.
For Media, Information & Society:
Q)Given the view eg from Foucault, that textuality/discourse is intricately implicated in constructing ‘knowledge’ to differentially support some power-relations while proscribing others, identify and critique how this may apply in Australia or another country of your choice. (Can someone tell me what proscribing means? I thought it might have been a typo and meant to be 'prescribing', but 'e' isn't anywhere near 'o' on the keyboard)
For Contemporary Cultures 2
Q)Write a story about a possible future in which human bodies are technologically enhanced or modified, making substantial creative reference in your writing to cyborg theory. (I chose this question just cause I get to write a story. And use postmodern epigraphs, footnotes a la French Lieutenant's Woman)
And of course for MAP2, I have the new media project and noir film. And all of these essays and projects are all due in about the same week! Aaaah!
You may be thinking "wow Donna, this is a really boring post. I don't care about your essay questions. In fact, I've just realised that i'll never get back those five minutes of my life that I just wasted." All I can do is shrug my shoulders and say "meh ... well, nah. can't help you there."
In actual fact, I like talking about essay questions. A lot. Feel free to post up your project/essay questions as well. And if that makes me a super nerd, so be it :)
Yeah!
So, essay questions! Very happy that i've decided on what essay questions to do:
For Colonialism & Modernity:
Q)Consider and compare examples from early and late colonial and postcolonial European literature to investigate how far it reflected changing ideas about the nature and value of colonialism.
For Media, Information & Society:
Q)Given the view eg from Foucault, that textuality/discourse is intricately implicated in constructing ‘knowledge’ to differentially support some power-relations while proscribing others, identify and critique how this may apply in Australia or another country of your choice. (Can someone tell me what proscribing means? I thought it might have been a typo and meant to be 'prescribing', but 'e' isn't anywhere near 'o' on the keyboard)
For Contemporary Cultures 2
Q)Write a story about a possible future in which human bodies are technologically enhanced or modified, making substantial creative reference in your writing to cyborg theory. (I chose this question just cause I get to write a story. And use postmodern epigraphs, footnotes a la French Lieutenant's Woman)
And of course for MAP2, I have the new media project and noir film. And all of these essays and projects are all due in about the same week! Aaaah!
You may be thinking "wow Donna, this is a really boring post. I don't care about your essay questions. In fact, I've just realised that i'll never get back those five minutes of my life that I just wasted." All I can do is shrug my shoulders and say "meh ... well, nah. can't help you there."
In actual fact, I like talking about essay questions. A lot. Feel free to post up your project/essay questions as well. And if that makes me a super nerd, so be it :)
Yeah!

5 Comments:
Your essay questions sound fun-ish in the english/history sorta way.
You asked for it :P
WORK1002-
Analyse and assess the shift from pay based on the job to performanced based pay in contemporary workplaces. Explore the arguents for and against each system.
ACCOUNTING 1B-
"If an entity guarantees a debt for a third party, the resultant obligation should not be recognised as a liability." Discuss.
I mean wtf? *sigh*. See, your essay questions are much funner :P
me=no essays. =p
yeah thanks for rubbing it in Rena. lol :)
wait why doesnt rena get essays????
what kind of university education is she getting?
because i want it.
The hardcore science type ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home