Sunday, April 02, 2006

slightly overworked

I collapsed on set yesterday.

I had a fever the night before, which I guess was brought on by having just a little bit too much on my plate recently. This week it's been 8 assigments in 8 days (Uni & TAFE), and also we're shooting the pilot for the TV show next week.

So, I was directing a short scene for a Film & Video Drama assignment, and I was working out camera movements. And from this point on, I rely on what Stef says happened, cause it's a bit of a blank for me.

Apparently, I suddenly turned really white, and I was looking at Stef, but in such a way that it seemed as though I couldn't see her. She asked whether I needed to take a break, I said yes, and walked out of the room. Once out of the room, I was stumbling like I was drunk, and Stef was helping to support me. She opened the door to the female toilets, my eyes glazed over, and then I collapsed.

Here you can insert a FADE TO BLACK.

Now, I remember opening my eyes to see Stef, but she wasn't very clear. There were little bright spots dancing in front of my eyes. She called the others to come help, and Oyvind gave me some water. The water helped incredibly.

Then, it was back to directing my scene! My actors were incredibly nice about it, as were all of my crew Stef, Oyvind and Arki.

And I went home and rested, doped up on Panadol, and i'm feeling better, although still not very clear-headed. But yes, I still feel like a moron. Sorry guys.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kylie said...

EEEEEK! Donna are you ok? You don't have like...post-traumatic-collapse side effects do you?

Please make sure you get enough rest Donna. I LIKE talking with a healthy Donna.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home