my 20th birthday, mary's 21st and other tales
I'm no longer a teenager! eeek.
Went to the Rhinedorf in Bev Hills with the parentals and decided to order the pork knuckle with sauerkraut and potatoes. The thing was FRIGGIN huge! I swear, I'm probably still digesting all the pork right now. Gluughhh.
***
Mary's 21st was HILARIOUS and fun and with some really, really good food. Instead of trying to string this all into a narrative, let's just havefun with dot points:
Mary teaching her mother to say "That's hot", Paris-style.
Alex, Mary's boyfriend, making this speech using all these allusions to a present that was "longer than 11-inches and thicker" (A LCD monitor). Lucky Mary's family is good-humoured, I think my father would have decked him much, much earlier. It was a good speech though and a really, really great present!
Mary's mum taking Alex's cane (he was dressed as House) and pretending to hit him with it. He was SO scared, it was SO SO funny. I think Keya and I pissed ourselves laughing, it was fantastic!
Keya and I made a heartfelt speech for Mary, mentioning Paul Wong, exchange students, MAP lectures, and potato sandwiches.
This guy wanting to deck Keya after she made the joke of Mary coming from a "disadvantaged" school.
Good cake!
And the costumes! The theme was Hollywood...
Anna was dressed as Paris Hilton in gaol. Black and white stripes, blonde wig and 'Paris' spelled in pink across it. With a little pink stuffed dog too!
Keya was 80s Oprah! She wore this fantastic yellow power blazer and these ugly, ugly 80s shoes which were great because they were SO ugly! Mary even found her a microphone and everything.
Stef was dressed as Lara Croft with the guns and everything! And bullets tied around her leg. She looked so much like Lara, I was impressed. The guns made noises too!
Mayuri was Diana Ross with these gorgeous white gloves.
Alissa was SO cute ... SO SO cute as Minnie Mouse.
Gwen was a very, very stylish Audrey Hepburn with a cigarette holder.
Iz and Adam came as a Playboy bunny and Hugh Hefner! Costume was SO good, but the tail fell off the bunny halfway through the night.
Pippa was her own star literally ... a cardboard one tied around her.
I came as an era - 1920s Hollywood, but I had this headband that would not behave and kept slipping down and messing up my hair.
Daren made a half-assed effort and came as Beyonce! He had the afro. He won worst dressed.
... And Mary was Buffy! She made the dress although her dress was sometimes a bit too revealing, and she had a wooden stake at the ready too.
I remember all this because I wasn't drinking, hurrah! and had to drive home. Though Anna did spot someone in the toilets spewing their guts out.
Happy 21st Mary!
Went to the Rhinedorf in Bev Hills with the parentals and decided to order the pork knuckle with sauerkraut and potatoes. The thing was FRIGGIN huge! I swear, I'm probably still digesting all the pork right now. Gluughhh.
***
Mary's 21st was HILARIOUS and fun and with some really, really good food. Instead of trying to string this all into a narrative, let's just havefun with dot points:
And the costumes! The theme was Hollywood...
I remember all this because I wasn't drinking, hurrah! and had to drive home. Though Anna did spot someone in the toilets spewing their guts out.
Happy 21st Mary!

4 Comments:
And happy birthday to you.
Though I'm reeling from the fact that Daren made a half-arsed effort with his costume.
That's so unlike Daren.
oh yeah anonymous spewing girl...
i really needed to pee and she totally ruined it for everyone.
can't wait for your thing this weekend. I have the best present for you:
one LIVE goat!
no im kidding. I would never touch a live goat.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! However late I may be...
Lovies! *airkisses*
A belated happy birthday to you Donna!!! ^___________^
You're not a teenager anymore!!
Post a Comment
<< Home