Saturday, October 27, 2007

Klaxons @ the Enmore 24/10

What can I say about all-ages gigs? Brilliant, because I can see - had a fantastic view of the front and I must have been five or so metres deep from the front. Not so great because of all the really hyperactive small people.

How I describe the people who went to this concert? Very, very indie ... I'm not up on the lingo, but I think you can describe them as "scenesters". Skinny ripped jeans, same long fringe, band/label t-shirt or flannel shirt, denim miniskirts and footless tights, and Converse.

Was a good concert, the Klaxons are new rave, so it's one of those ones where you HAVE to dance. Although we were up closer to the front and some idiots decided to make it a really rough mosh (ie: people - mainly guys, although not necessarily drunk - who think it's fun to pogo and slam into people) So obviously, we went with the flow and got pushed back a bit but we were still pretty close to the front.

The Klaxons opened and closed with - in my opinion - the worst songs they have: The Bouncer and 4 Horsemen of 2012 (this was their one-song encore). But they were fantastic with Gravity's Rainbow, Golden Skans, It's Not Over Yet, Two Receivers ... and funnily enough I enjoyed Isle of Her, although that's usually one I skip on my iPod.

Was a good concert, but not my favourite dance/indie crossover concert of all time - that honour goes to the Presets at the Metro back in 2005!

* * *

Am a bit addicted to listening to the Bumblebeez's song, Rio.

That's a bit weird because I was a bit predisposed to not liking them after their performance supporting Radiohead, when they were on their Hail to the Thief tour. It was at the Ent. Centre and the Bumblebeez were pretty bad, and when the crowd starting chanting for Radiohead during their set - I think the break between songs, the guy started swearing at the crowd and generally acted like a bit of an ass.

"I'm flying down to Rio, just to meet my friend Cleo..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home