should I stay or should I go?
I've been invited to go participate in the Portable Film Festival's Screen Academy in Melbourne on November 3-4, where they'll run us through online and portable video creation, and we get to create our own online serial.
I really want to go!
But ... as always there are a few things holding me back:
*Cost. To fly down to Melbs and stay for two nights is around $500. I'm *supposed* to be saving up for Vietnam and China trip.
*Assignments due! One on Nov 5, and my major essay for Doco Study due on Nov 7.
Why I want to go:
*I think it'll be fun and something different. I'm interested in portable content, esp. with storytelling, so I really feel like this is something cool I could go to to learn more.
*They picked me! Yay! I feel special. They're only 24 spots, and they're picking people from across Australia, so they're expecting people to fly in for it.
*Supposedly some good industry people will be there ... and it's held at ACMI.
*Love going down to Melbourne. Although ... yes, it will be brief.
Heelllpppp me decide! Preferably soon, cause I have to email them back asap.
I really want to go!
But ... as always there are a few things holding me back:
*Cost. To fly down to Melbs and stay for two nights is around $500. I'm *supposed* to be saving up for Vietnam and China trip.
*Assignments due! One on Nov 5, and my major essay for Doco Study due on Nov 7.
Why I want to go:
*I think it'll be fun and something different. I'm interested in portable content, esp. with storytelling, so I really feel like this is something cool I could go to to learn more.
*They picked me! Yay! I feel special. They're only 24 spots, and they're picking people from across Australia, so they're expecting people to fly in for it.
*Supposedly some good industry people will be there ... and it's held at ACMI.
*Love going down to Melbourne. Although ... yes, it will be brief.
Heelllpppp me decide! Preferably soon, cause I have to email them back asap.

4 Comments:
You should go.
Go! Just have your stuff done beforehand so that you won't be stressed when you're down there. Congrats! :)
GO!!!!!!!!!!1
...yeah I'm going ... and bringing the rest of my family with me and EXTENDED family (who all mnwant to go shopping in Melbs)
But in terms of getting all my assessments done before I leave ... that's another story...
Post a Comment
<< Home