Tuesday, September 18, 2007

my health ... what is going on?!

I went to the dentist today to get the wisdom tooth situation checked out. Turns out that I ALSO need to get several teeth cleaned and filled, because if I let it go unchecked, I could need a root canal! It's $120 per tooth. And then I probably need to get my wisdom teeth out, which will be $350 per tooth.

I was a bit grumpy at the dentist actually, thinking of how I could balance this cost out against the cost of travel - will be paying off my plane ticket tomorrow! At the dentist, I was pleading my case, saying "I'm a student, I can't afford this now!"

Also, Soph, Jules and I have to get vaccinated for our trip against:
  • Hepatitis A ($88)
  • Typhoid fever ($52)
  • Hepatitis B ($27) - although this is only transmitted through blood or sexually, if you were in a car accident etc it would be helpful.
  • Tetanus ($10) - only if you haven't had the injection in the last 10 years. (Have I?)
  • Malaria - get a prescription for tablets, Doxycycline.

    And get Gardasil, as I've mentioned before. And also I think I need to get vaccinated against adolescent diptheria.

    And also ... I GOT MY THREADLESS SHIRTS TODAY!
  • 3 Comments:

    Blogger quaffy said...

    I'm fairly sure we got the tetanus shots at school in year 11.

    5:25 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    wasnt that meningococcal?

    9:56 PM  
    Blogger Bonnie said...

    im so so so glad i've had all my shots! :P

    hope you have a high tolerance of pain cuz those needles are sure gonna hurrrrt!

    7:08 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home