Friday, August 03, 2007

bad spirits and how the man at the post office laughed at me

So, I'm trying to come up with the concept for my MAP Project script (for next semester), and it involves some Chinese death rituals. Like the burning of fake paper money, and paper houses, cars, mobile phones. The smoke "carries" all these materials symbolically up to the departed soul up above.

I told my mum about my idea and she's banned me from doing it! She says I'll be cursed. If I screw around with the spirits, the spirits will come and get me, or some demon will come and live in me or whatever. She was very, very insistent.

Mum is not really religious and my dad and I are lapsed Catholics, so I didn't really think it applied to me.

BUT I remember the uneasy feeling in my stomach when on one shoot we kicked a Christian group out who were using a scout hall for a meeting. The film hasn't been edited, and I think it's been a year. Hmmm.

***

Today, I sent off 'Glory' to Flickerfest. When I brought the parcel up to the counter at the Post Office the guy looked at me strangely then started laughing hilariously.

Why you ask? He thought the "li" in "Flickerfest" was actually a "u". My bad writing.

I hope it provides endless amusement to all the postal workers out there.

(And please, please let the good festival sunbeams shine on me - I want a festival, any festival!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home