Tuesday, July 24, 2007

howard takes a trip

Is the media on crack?

What's up with all the attention on John Howard not being able to remember a MP's name or taking a small trip outside a radio station? Or Kevin Rudd getting the name of a Labor MP wrong.

Why does this warrant all this media attention?! It's incredibly STUPID. It's Paris Hilton all over again!

I suppose it does highlight Howard's gradual decline into senility, but if it is, it's the flimsiest argument I've ever seen.

I am also so SICK of all these photo op, terrorist scares that the Government is trying to pull on us with the taskforce into Indigenous communities and the Haneef case.

The Indigenous thing is so blatantly a photo op. It should really have been done years ago - perhaps not with bringing the army in - but an organised attempt to improve housing, education etc. Does it really have to take a fricking election for the government to do anything? Are they that self-absorbed?! I'd like to think not, but I think from past events, I should know better.

And I'm not saying that Haneef is innocent, but I haven't seen one shred of evidence to prove that he is smack bang guilty. Prove me wrong that he isn't some pawn in some sick political game to scare us into voting Liberal.

One thing though that the Liberals are right about - the Labor premiers are Rudd's henchmen and are ganging up against the Howard Government. Beattie on Haneef and Bracks on the Murray Darling. It's not a bad tactical ploy though, Rudd gets away not looking like a mudslinger.

Here's a question for you all and one that stumped Barack Obama recently - reparations for African Americans because of imposed slavery? Whaddya think? I think it'll never happen, probably because of the massive cost it would mean, not because they don't deserve it.

I can't WAIT for the US election. Here's to a more progressive Democrat (and it will be Democrat) government headed by either a black man or a woman. Whee!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sophia Chong said...

Haha.. I was at work when all the stuff about Howard tripping was hitting the media. We watched in disbelief as it became the headline story on not one, but BOTH major newspapers!

Then we watched the video and pissed ourselves laughing, along with the video of jeanette howard apparently "snubbing" tanya costello!

Anyhoo.. do you think Barack or Hilary is going to win pre-selection for the Dems?

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home