Monday, July 23, 2007

haircut

Oooh! A new haircut. And this is not like other haircuts I've had before when all I've done is layer and thin it.

It is now SHORT. Chin-length max. I kept my fringe, layered and thinned.

I'm trying to decide whether to describe is as pixie-ish (good) or heroin addict (bad). Why heroin addict? It's thinned out considerably, and the styling creme through my hair now looks a bit grungy. My skin is pale and volcanic as well (staying indoors and eating junk food due to a recent bout of depression).

I love going to the hairdressers. My hair is freakishly thick and I usually let it grow considerably between visits. Case in point this morning - the hairdresser runs her fingers through my hair and just is like NO. "Benny will do it", she smiles nervously at me and runs off to perm this old woman's hair.

Well Benny takes another frickin' half hour till he finishes up with his current customer. He and the hairdresser that abandoned me have a murmured conversation before he comes to me. He takes a clump of my hair in his hands and first thing he says "Your hair is really thick. Alright what do you want to do?". I explain, and then he also adds at the end "And we'll thin it out too, ok?"

Have these people never seen healthy hair before?!

Anyway, NO photo for you of my new haircut! You will see me soon enough. In this last week of hols I'm going to be all cultural-like, going to go see Iranian film at the Art Gallery and going west for some R&B bowling with the homies.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sophia Chong said...

Ooer...

I have the same problem with hair thickness. _every_ hairdresser comments on it.

See you wed! :D

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home