Saturday, October 13, 2007

the cat next door and a film festival and other stories...

Our neighbour's house is empty - it's up for sale and he's moved out somewhere. And a beautiful grey tabby cat has moved next door, and we think it's a house pet gone missing or left for dead somewhere, because it's quite a friendly creature, quite happy around people.

So, apparently it moved in two days ago (I haven't been home much - work, late night film shoots, that sort of thing) and my parents have been feeding it over the fence! Cat biscuits and tuna fish.

I would love to keep it, it's GORGEOUS - if not for the slight technicality that my dog wants to rip it to shreds and kill it.

Maybe it's just a roaming cat. No tag/collar though. Maybe microchipped?

I've been Googling as I've been typing this, and I'll probably end up contacting my local council. Problem could be that it's in our neighbour's property and he's not there ... and it's not like Animal Services could climb over the fence and try and catch the cat (trespassing much?)

Hmmm....

Update: We saw the real estate agent for the house in the backyard, and my dad started yelling at him about the cat. *sigh* Much embarrassment. Well at least he's letting the owner know and we hope the cat is going to be ok!

* * *

'Glory' got accepted into the 11th Leicester International Film Festival as part of their travelling festival. Finally, a festival! Leicester is somewhere in the UK.

* * *

Finished this round of vaccinations. I am now vaccinated against:
  • Polio (for 10 years)
  • Typhoid (for three years)
  • Cervical cancer (1st dose)
  • Hep A (1st dose)
    ... and have a prescription for malaria tablets.

    And whisperings of someone bringing antibiotics on the trip have made me happy. Would it be wrong to self-prescribe antibiotics if I'm sick? What could go wrong?
  • 1 Comments:

    Blogger Bonnie said...

    cervical cancer immunisations BLOODY HURT!!!!

    1:59 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home