Thursday, September 29, 2005

reckless shopping

1)Yesterday I bought these gorgeous pink ballet-style flats, however they were a teensy-bit too small for me (a size 40, when I really needed a size 41 - but they didn't have them in that size and I only wanted the PINK ones), but the salesgirl swore up and down that they'd stretch half-a-size once i'd worn them.

2)Today I bought hair dye. I got L'Oreal's Casting (semi-permanent) in a colour called MANGO. It's not orange! Its a coppery-red colour, and Bianca swore up and down that on my black hair, it wouldn't turn out THAT red/brown. I will dye my hair tomorrow, and see my high-school group at EPK Miranda!

3)In the last two days, i've spent well over $150 on clothing (top, dress, shoes), food, presents etc and am now trying to justify it to myself. You might not think $150 is much, but I only make approx $110 a week.

My favourite justifications:
*I haven't gone shopping in the past three weeks, so the 'opportunity cost' of times I could have gone shopping adds up. (I have a feeling I used an economics term VERY wrongly)
*Part of my spending was presents for OTHER PEOPLE.
*I need the new clothes for uni.

Peace out.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

IT WON'T TURN OUT TOO BRIGHT trust me!

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

see i was right!!!! hahaha i think u should get another one that is probably a bit brighter! unless the colour u have now is what u want!

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I KNOW ABOUT THE HAIR DYE THING! nothing freaking works on black hair donna! i tried and my hair just got DARKER! so do it if thats what you want.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home