auditions
Auditions were a blast! SO tired. I'm still amazed at the positive response from actors, approx 60 people sent in their CV and headshot for consideration. We called them all back, but only about 20 showed up. However, some people said they would show up, but I guess they couldn't be bothered. Anyways we found our Rosie and Harry, who are both amazingly talented actors!
We also throughout the day got really positive feedback on the script, which made Joel blush :) His script was also compared to Tarantino, and he was very chuffed!
In the breaks between actors, we made up nicknames for the actors we'd seen so far:
*The Hands-Man
*Diamond Swimsuit Girl
*Kath (from Kath and Kim)
At one stage we had THREE actors waiting outside the performance space to audition. This made us feel very important :) Auditions were pretty painless though, but it was weird to order around people who are older, and probably more experienced than you. We kept on getting asked whether it was for a final year project, which was a nice compliment, I suppose.
I had to do play the part of Rosie when we auditioned the boys, and I've never been hit on that much in my entire life! (it was a park bench scene where Rosie and Harry first meet - very romantic). I'm SO not an actor though, and not really looking forward to the MAP tutorial where we have an acting session. I just don't act. I am however, looking forward to Joel vs. Mary in our acting session in tutorial!
So i'm really tired, but elated at the same time because we have our actors! It's weird, but today I REALLY got a sense of 'this is really happening' - its not so abstract anymore. And it feels good!
We also throughout the day got really positive feedback on the script, which made Joel blush :) His script was also compared to Tarantino, and he was very chuffed!
In the breaks between actors, we made up nicknames for the actors we'd seen so far:
*The Hands-Man
*Diamond Swimsuit Girl
*Kath (from Kath and Kim)
At one stage we had THREE actors waiting outside the performance space to audition. This made us feel very important :) Auditions were pretty painless though, but it was weird to order around people who are older, and probably more experienced than you. We kept on getting asked whether it was for a final year project, which was a nice compliment, I suppose.
I had to do play the part of Rosie when we auditioned the boys, and I've never been hit on that much in my entire life! (it was a park bench scene where Rosie and Harry first meet - very romantic). I'm SO not an actor though, and not really looking forward to the MAP tutorial where we have an acting session. I just don't act. I am however, looking forward to Joel vs. Mary in our acting session in tutorial!
So i'm really tired, but elated at the same time because we have our actors! It's weird, but today I REALLY got a sense of 'this is really happening' - its not so abstract anymore. And it feels good!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home