Wednesday, October 12, 2005

screwed over by insurance

hahaha ... i've changed my msn screen name to 'shooting (myself) tomorrow!'

I am writing because I really want to vent about location permission for our MAP2 Noir film. Honestly, I have done EVERY SINGLE FRIGGIN THING the councils/authorities have asked me to do, and some of their requests have been a little out there - just way too much (unnecessary) paperwork. I feel that I have been screwed over by these councils so much, devoted so much time to getting this permission, and now nothing?

So after the paperwork, I thought 'this is it' we're actually doing this, this is gonna happen. So when I presented the documents it turns out that UTS won't sign their agreement, and they won't sign UTS' agreement. It all comes down to insurance, and my documents have now been sent to MELBOURNE! Yes, Melbourne. How ridiculous is this for a little student film assignment filming characters walking and talking!?

and now they won't give us permission to film.

and we have scheduled filming for tomorrow.

Well, I can't really say bad things about the people who I've been in contact with over this whole fiasco. All the council people have been lovely, and Michelle as well, but its just the system and the legalities that you have to go through to shoot five minutes of footage FOR AN ASSIGNMENT. All this red tape is a nightmare.

And I know all these other groups who couldn't be stuffed getting all the permission and have just gone and filmed. Plus, other groups have tried to get permission, failed, and went and shot anyway. Whatever. I tried my best to do things the right way, but I guess I still have a lot to learn.

I can't say this whole thing has been a waste. I've certainly learned something. And i'm not deterred from doing production ever again at any rate. I guess to get this sort of experience you gotta crash and burn a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home