Saturday, December 24, 2005

drunk people in DJs

Last night I had an 8pm-midnight shift on a Friday night, and as you probably guessed a lot of drunk people came in.

Joel came into the jewellery section, and he's like 'Donna!' runs up to me gives me a big bear hug and lifts me off the floor! The people in my department are staring at me, and the girls in Prada and Burberry as well, lol. I'm like "Joel, are you drunk?!" but I could already smell the alchohol off him. We chatted for a while, and then he went because I was petrified that my manager would see. And sure enough she was standing metres away from me behind some cabinets, but I don't know if she had seen or heard anything. After Joel had left, I was so sure she was going to tell me off ...
Her: Donna?
Me: Uh ...yes?
Her: Are you doing anything at the moment?
Me: No ...
Her: Would you mind dusting the tops of these cabinets?

Phew.

Another drunk guy came into the store, and he works at DJs. He was looking for one of my workmates but she wasn't in. He tried to log into the registers because for some reason he had his DJs swipe card with him. My manager was watching him like a hawk, had a good long conversation with him, and even at one point told another of my workmates to call security.

I love drunk people.

Josh has just sent me the most random email in the world in response to my question of an alternative location for our film shoot:

From : josh
Saturday, 24 December 2005 1:01:42 AM
Subject : Re: an elevator location

I'm a giant walking cheese!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL

this post had me laughing like crazy!! =P

joel sounds like a super interesting character =P

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Shoot. I strolled past DJs at 11:30 last night... i could've visited you if i had known! (I wasn't drunk though - only had 2 drinks).

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhh, i love reading your blog - so entertaining at the best of times. and i was reading the one about your nicknames for the people you auditioned for noir...BIG HANDS MAN - do you have a photo? of him AND his hands preferably...

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

giant-walking cheese, classic!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home