work stuff-up
I broke a pair of earrings at work today. I'm SO angry and myself and upset. They were these glass earrings, approx $100. They just slipped, and BAM.
I cut myself as well, slicing my thumb open on the glass, and I got blood everywhere.
Of course I had to tell my manager... she didn't seem that upset though, but I feel like a f#@kwit anyway.
The girls at work told me not to worry though, cause the retail price outweighs the cost price a lot, so they don't end up losing that much. Apparently they send the earrings back to the manufacturer?
I'm such a clumsy idiot sometimes.
I cut myself as well, slicing my thumb open on the glass, and I got blood everywhere.
Of course I had to tell my manager... she didn't seem that upset though, but I feel like a f#@kwit anyway.
The girls at work told me not to worry though, cause the retail price outweighs the cost price a lot, so they don't end up losing that much. Apparently they send the earrings back to the manufacturer?
I'm such a clumsy idiot sometimes.

3 Comments:
Oh don't worry, i break stuff at work all the time.
hell, we don't even make customers pay when THEY break stuff. We SHOULD though. Some of them are so stupid.
(eyes wide in shock)
"You mean if i drop these earrings with semi-precious stones in them hard on the tile floor, the stone will crack?!!".
Who would've thought.. dropping delicate jewellery breaks it.
Morons.
eek, i got a kill bill-esque image there, of you cutting your thumb and bright red blood spurting out like when an arm gets chopped off in kill bill. hope it wasnt that bad? ive been working lately (yay$$) and i think i shortchange the customers or something, cos i tend to end up being a few dollars over all the time... my manager doesnt seem to mind though, heh!
Poor Donna :(
Jewellery markup is like, 400%, isn't it (no hyperbole)? That's why they can have 50% off sales and still pay wages, rent, utilities, and so on.
Earring hooks cost say, $1 each if they're expensive. Glass beady bits, perhaps $5 if they're large and expensive. So glass earrings cost about as much as a McValue meal.
Post a Comment
<< Home