Sunday, November 27, 2005

night out

its early morning and i've had little sleep, but strangely enough I don't feel so tired that I need to take a nap. maybe this afternoon.

anyways, just wanted to blog about last night, which I feel should have been so much more fun than it was. for most of the night I was apologising to johanna and rena about the state of some of the clubs, and lack of overall atmosphere!

we started off at pontoon at cockle bay, and that was ok. a bit of an older crowd though, which I was surprised at. but basically yeah, it was not great (the drinks were $6.30 as well, which I thought was a bit pricey).

so soon after rena arrived we headed up to wallaby bar, which we thought might be a little more 'alive'. so we went upstairs and the bar was literally empty, so five seconds after we went in, we're like screw this! and we left.

I got an sms from joel asking us to join him in newtown, so we caught a bus up to marly bar on king st. we met up with joel and zara? and later soph joined us as well. johanna's feet we're beginning to kill by this stage cause she had worn heels. it was nice there, but again it was starting to drag a little, so we decided to go to the cross. joel and zara weren't too keen, so we left them at marly, and caught the bus up to the town hall. soph left us at that stage as well, and we caught a taxi to the cross.

anna called james we were going to meet him at empire, but it took a fair bit of walking around to find out exactly where empire was. finally we found it, $10 cover charge cause it was approx midnight by this stage, one female toilet downstairs and the drinks there were SO expensive $7.50 for the vodkas (!) lots of british tourists as well. when we got there, james left soon after cause he had to drive home, and he hadn't had anything to drink all night.

johanna got hit on by this sleazy guy, who looked thirty-ish. lol :) but he got the message and moved on.

joel and zara then joined us later at empire, but we knew the night had soured when we headed out to the dancefloor and discovered we weren't tipsy enough to dance, grrrr. the empire wasn't too bad, but I probably wouldn't go there again.

we left at approx 1:30am, so we could get home cause johanna had to wake up early the next morning. rena giving dodgy instructions to the taxi driver was a laugh, but they weren't so dodgy that she couldn't navigate her way home :)

I feel bad cause I wanted the night to be more 'alive' specially cause I was sorta taking rena and johanna out for their first time bar-hopping. but then again, the first time I went out sucked as well. It does get better, I promise :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the recount! =)

i am still working on my mum to let me go out to one of these bar hopping nights..

*fingers crossed*

in the meantime.. still trying to figure out what to do on NYE

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, you got up early! for some reason i wasnt tired at all and couldnt get to sleep- clonked around the house making quite a lot of noise though i tried to keep quiet, and finally drifted to sleep at about 4..and even then didnt fall into a deep sleep. got woken up by my mum at 7.30 to see our guests off but i was so groggy i thought i was dreaming! hahah and would you stop apologising, i dont think it was that bad! i would definitely go to marly bar again, and i think i improved my alcohol tolerance as well! though, i probably wouldnt go to pontoon, wallaby or empire again either! =p im up for another round of bar/club hopping though! will bring more $$ next time...=p

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever happened to going to the Arthouse hotel? Yeah, drinks are expensive. :(

6:22 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Arthouse $25 cover charge :(

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow.. $25.. that's extreme...

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home