new anti-terror laws
who else is slightly concerned about the sedition laws?
EDIT:
I think my comments have been slightly misinterpreted ... I don't have anything against the anti-terror laws (in fact I support them) it is the sedition clauses within them that I have a problem with, the ones that I feel are quite vague and prohibit anti-government speech. For example, journalists such as those who work for Green Left Weekly may be shut down, as well as some student press. I don't like the idea of a government who determines what should or should not be heard. (I was even reading an article about Turnbull and how he's actually committed 'seditious acts' by opposing Ruddock on these clauses ... which I actually find quite funny) We should also be smart enough to determine what information is valid anyways. Just my two cents :)
EDIT:
I think my comments have been slightly misinterpreted ... I don't have anything against the anti-terror laws (in fact I support them) it is the sedition clauses within them that I have a problem with, the ones that I feel are quite vague and prohibit anti-government speech. For example, journalists such as those who work for Green Left Weekly may be shut down, as well as some student press. I don't like the idea of a government who determines what should or should not be heard. (I was even reading an article about Turnbull and how he's actually committed 'seditious acts' by opposing Ruddock on these clauses ... which I actually find quite funny) We should also be smart enough to determine what information is valid anyways. Just my two cents :)

8 Comments:
bomb! terrorist! muslim! australia! attack! iraq! threat! shoot!
...oh look, I hear the police already.
John Howard is a toad.
i guess howard is just doing his job ie: takin appropriate measures to ensure his country's safety. i guess if u have no affiliation to terrorist u'll b fine.
this is like the first time i've act supported john howard's actions! hahaha
I like the new laws. One of my brothers works for the police 000, and believe me, the terrorism threats are very real. :(
i m loving how we're all keeping in touch via blogs..
it almost seems like a joke.. and i m still being so cynical about it..
one of the guys had a tiny tiny role ( on the cast list- 'Graffiti Tagger no.2 ') on Home and Away and SMH call him 'the bit-part actor '
SMH also has this up..
''Do you have photos or information concerning the alleged terrorist conspiracy? Contact the Herald in confidence at newdesk@smh.com.au.''
its john howard's way of telling us, "all your base are belong to us. mwahahaha". i cant help but be cynical about this. its his fault to begin with, too. even if its the right choice in this climate, he's just mopping up his own mess. blegh.
far out, there's this bug on my desk that just wont die!!!! i swear ive killed it 5 times already! but it keeps coming back! wtf!
"Third is in the nature of Howard. He is an idealogue who wants to remake Australia in his own image. His agenda is not limited by a 10-point checklist that he carries in his back pocket but by his political imagination."
*cries*
I hate him.
Who keeps posting anonymous comments on your blog Dna?
Is it a random?
Post a Comment
<< Home