Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Makybe wins!

As you probably know already, Makybe (greater than Phar Lap) Diva has won the Melbourne Cup! For the third time. Seriously, like Lee Freedman was saying, I don't think I'll ever live to see that again. I did have a bet on Makybe coming first (I had faith in her after the Cox Plate!), but it was a trifecta and i'm not getting any money cause my second and third picking were Eye Popper and Leica Falcon.

Mum's getting back some money she put on Xcellent, but Dad's not going to see the $20 he put on Railings again :) Not to be mean to Dad, but he's been pestering me with anti-Makybe talk for the past few days. So there!

Can I just say again, greatest racing horse EVER?!

4 Comments:

Blogger quaffy said...

She's so awesome :D When I heard she won, I shivered a little, because I felt like this was History with a Capital Haitch.

I'm guilty of doubting Makybe too. *hangs head in shame*

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have a really funny story with the melbourne cup betting thing.

Mum usually gives money to Dad to bet on the favourite, 2nd fav and 3rd fav. in this case- maykbe diva, vinnie roe and 'i can't remember the 3rd fav.'

but today, my aunt rang up and so mum decided to chip in with my aunt cos my aunt and 6 other families on her street were betting together.. but my aunt didn't know the number of the horses and wanted mum to find out..
mum asked kenneth to check... kenneth turns on the tv and sees all the horses names and then sees another no. in brackets next to the horse name so tells my mum to place bets on 14,24 and 12. LOL.. it turned out that that was the LANE the horse would be running in and NOT the number of the horse..

nobody realised the HUGE MISTAKE until we got the ticket and i looked at it and thought.. hang on.. the name's different.. and kenneth's like--Don't Blame Me..i;ve never betted before.. =P

so mum had to call my aunt.. unfortunately, nobody won anything cos the highest placing horse out of the 3 we all betted on came 6th, Portland Something...

BUT GO makybe diva! Glenn Boss was SO happy! =) I liked the footage of him running around yelling and touching people's hands and then hugging the owner... and giving most of the credit to Makybe Diva..

12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had my money on Railings, myself. Well, you know how that turned out. ;)

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i shouldn't have bet so much, or else i would have won money, but my bet on the diva help me cut my losses! to almost, but not quite break even.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home