Wednesday, November 02, 2005

... a strange ambience in Central tunnel

I was walking down Central tunnel today, and something felt very wrong. I didn't know what it was but it made me feel really strange, like something was missing. You know what was missing?

Buskers.

To tell the truth, I don't mind buskers. Good on them for trying to make a few bucks. But I really do wonder how much money they make? $20? You'd be better off doing a two hour shift in retail - although I wouldn't want to force that on anybody :)

Really cool buskers I've seen:
*The flute guy: This guy is everywhere, i've seen him Hurstville, Town Hall at 2am, Central tunnel. I wouldn't know much about flute playing (Johanna, Camille enlighten me?) but he sounds pretty good, and I give him extra points for the 2am stint.
*The beatbox guy: This guy spends SO much energy on beatboxing its incredible. I wonder how he does it everyday without dying.
*The blind lady: Her voice is AMAZING. I swear you can hear it from the other end of the tunnel, and its all clear and opera-like.
*This guy with a guitar who plays all the old school classics: "Sitting on the dock of the bay ...Watching the tide roll away ..." My parents always have the radio tuned to a golden oldies channel, so I recognise a lot of them - takes me back to my childhood :)

And, on an unrelated note, I've finished (mostly) C&M essay! Moving onto CC2 tomorrow . Who says you can't try to do five assignments in a week! (emphasis on 'try')

EDIT:
One more!
*saw an Asian guy playing the digeridoo in Central tunnel today. Top points!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home