first day of work at DJs
Unlike other first days (like my first day for Woolworths when I wanted to cry at the end) first day at DJs was pretty good. I still know absolutely nothing, but the people who I was working with (of who a lot have variations of the name 'Anna' - Anna, Anne, Anna) were absolutely lovely in helping me out.
I pulled an extra long shift today cause they asked me to stay back until close. I didn't really mind cause the work isn't too stressful, or physically challenging. We are supposed to go up and greet customers though - something that we HAVE to do.
Problems I had:
*Where are all the barcodes?!
*Which keys open what case?
*The printing thingy stuffed up.
*I have absolutely no clue where anything is
*Please, please help me.
Sales I made! (Not all listed, these are the big ones I remember):
*$160 watch - I got moved to jewellery after spending like 10 minutes in watches.
*$400 Dior sunglasses - these are absolutely GORGEOUS ... but a little out of my price range :)
*$400 worth of Armani jewellery. A mother bought it as a Christmas present for her daughter.
*$350 Prada sunglasses. A guy bought this for his girlfriend. I wish someone would buy me things like that ...
*$1170 - necklace and earring set.
It felt cool touching all that expensive stuff though ... knowing that never in a million years will I be able to spend that much money on jewellery, least of all sunglasses.
Hopefully childrenswear will be similarly enlightening. Ladies fashion is supposed to be really draining and I have an 8hr shift on Friday! The good thing that came out of today is that my manager promised me more shifts in accessories next week ... work, yay!
I pulled an extra long shift today cause they asked me to stay back until close. I didn't really mind cause the work isn't too stressful, or physically challenging. We are supposed to go up and greet customers though - something that we HAVE to do.
Problems I had:
*Where are all the barcodes?!
*Which keys open what case?
*The printing thingy stuffed up.
*I have absolutely no clue where anything is
*Please, please help me.
Sales I made! (Not all listed, these are the big ones I remember):
*$160 watch - I got moved to jewellery after spending like 10 minutes in watches.
*$400 Dior sunglasses - these are absolutely GORGEOUS ... but a little out of my price range :)
*$400 worth of Armani jewellery. A mother bought it as a Christmas present for her daughter.
*$350 Prada sunglasses. A guy bought this for his girlfriend. I wish someone would buy me things like that ...
*$1170 - necklace and earring set.
It felt cool touching all that expensive stuff though ... knowing that never in a million years will I be able to spend that much money on jewellery, least of all sunglasses.
Hopefully childrenswear will be similarly enlightening. Ladies fashion is supposed to be really draining and I have an 8hr shift on Friday! The good thing that came out of today is that my manager promised me more shifts in accessories next week ... work, yay!

4 Comments:
i work in accessories! (at myer anyway.) it's boring. Not so bad during christmas though.
i m so jealous
u're surrounded by expensive good fashion stuff!!! =P whereas i m surrounded by fickle cakes and drinks (they look nice BUT sometimes they taste yum, sometimes they don't) =P
see you on friday..
p.s do you know how long u'll be at DJs for? is it casual or part time?
congrats!
it sounds like heaps of money making fun ^^
g'luck at the women's fashion section :)
Wow, go Donna. I'm green with envy.
I was with Gugu and Nicky in the city last week and we spent ages staring at all the food in the DJ food court. Mmmm....handmade $190/kg chocolates anyone?
Good luck with manning all the different sections!
Post a Comment
<< Home