Thursday, December 08, 2005

trivia magic

Last night we went out to mark Keya going away to India, and just as a general catch up for uni buddies. We had Thai, which was awesome and later we went to the Marlborough for pub trivia!

Funny and memorable random thingies:
  • Team Bonza!
  • Mary not being able to remember a Simpsons' quote.
  • Winning free beer (thanks rosana!) and nobody drinking it but me.
  • I only had a glass and so we had three that no-one drank.
  • "We're in a pub, but nobody wants beer..."
  • People throwing random stuff into the beer and dipping the pen into it.
  • Keya "noughts and crosses has 9 squares!"
  • Anna "Don't look!" hahahahahahaha ...
  • Daren "stupider people can lie better!"
  • Keya winning a polo shirt and Mary as her stylist
  • One of the bar attendants telling us off for the mess we made, and she had attitude. Not sure if we'll go back there ...
  • Keya's other left

    I'm SO tired, and I had to stay back for two hours today as well. Which meant I missed seeing Camille and Rena, but they came and visited me at work. I think I'm sick and burning out. I need rest ... don't know if I can even face going to work tomorrow!
  • 9 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    are you also doing 8 hour shifts pretty much every day?( at least 4-5 days a week )
    the thing that are keeping me going is the money (although prettty dismal after tax), the fact that i get to see johanna quite alot esp. since there's only 5 people who can work during the day on weekdays AND that i m working with funny people and there are regulars who are really nice and friendly

    lol.. at least you have a life outside work! really want to go to trivia night with u one of these days =P

    love leana

    9:32 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Haha.. you look drunk in your new photo Donna.

    Listen to Antony! Listen to Antony!

    < rant >
    Myer is going to start opening at 7am and 6:30am soon. Yes you heard right!!! 6:30 AM.

    DO YOU GO SHOPPING AT 6:30 IN THE MORNING?

    Guess lucky who gets to open!!! ("Sophia, you have a QVB key, so you'd be perfect").

    When I told one of my managers, she was like "haha, you might as well sleep there").

    (Myer will be closing at 10pm for the next 3 weeks probably).

    But yes, anyway, if you see me at night, and i look stoned, you'll know it was because i had to get up at 5am to go to work.

    < /rant >

    Ahh.. catharsis :)

    11:47 PM  
    Blogger Donna said...

    Not 8 hr shifts, but 7 hrs which is pretty close :)

    lol, does the photo look like i'm drunk? And I wasn't btw. I wanted a cheesy photo :(

    Shit shit shit ... crazy Myer! I really hope DJs doesn't follow suit. But knowing how competitive they are ... lol, at work we have Myer on speedial!

    9:57 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    lol .. why does DJs have Myer on speed dial?

    hey soph-- if u open at 6.30, how long are your shifts? i want to know WHY too.. and are u working lots of night shifts too? isn't there a balance? so if u close, u don't have to open? BUT that happens heaps at GJs cos lately, we don't have enough crew leaders

    school holidays are also coming SO i don't know whether GJs will keep giving me and johanna so many shifts.. i hope so!

    see you later!

    p.s kog. high teachers come in heaps but i m yet to see a St George teacher except ms casey and her husband (they got married this year and her yr 12 music class were her bridesmaid) and ms oysten.. my oysten knows who i am but ms casey doesn't recognise me from year 8 music class once a week ( I"d be impressed if she did =P )

    6:23 PM  
    Blogger Donna said...

    we have myer on speed-dial cause we often have to price match and ask for exactly the same brand, colour and model.

    I just got my roster today and I have shifts that last as long as 10pm on a Wed night. 7pm some other nights too. It's insane.

    7:39 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The new roster came out... no 6:30 starts yet, which means either we're not going with the Myer flow, or Myer have realised that opening so early is a shit idea.

    Pretty much opening Myer at 8am every day though.

    I told my manager that I don't want to do night shifts (Myer is closing at 11pm weekdays), and no, they don't expect me to open AND close.

    So from Dec 12, my timetable is bascially 8am - 2pm (no break) or 5 pm (with break), with some variation on weekends. I'm actually quite pleased with this, at least there's some consistency, and it's enough work without overload. Hurrah!

    I can't believe we're so close to Christmas! I vaguely remember working 12 hour shifts previous xmases for both Baku and Angus, but this xmas seems to be very quiet thus far.

    Also, i've started up a photo album, since i started taking photos with my digicam and want to share :).

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/soaphiae

    10:13 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    thanks for the photos sophia!

    there's finally a photo where i can see johanna's beautiful skirt =P

    i m alternating between the 6.30am to 4pm shift and the 8am-4pm shift with johanna..sometimes she starts at 6.30 and sometimes i do =/ (with 30 min unpaid lunch break)

    hey donna--do your feet kill after 6 hours? at the moment that;s my limit =P

    12:01 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

    great calls

    11:20 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OMG! that bitch! i swear i was telling daren and hes like OMG! Anna you tell her thats her JOB! and i was like well im not sure if it is...but still!

    and mary thanks for blaming it on me!

    love anna

    8:35 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home