Friday, December 16, 2005

customer stories

I haven't had any really funny customer stories since i've started working at DJs. Well, they sound funny - but its actually quite frustrating for me.

So all of these stories are Woolies experiences. Enjoy :)

1)Woman 1 comes to my counter and has one small potato to purchase. When I ring it through it comes up as $0.03 (oh, expensive...) I know I have the right kind of potato, but she demands a price check anyway. A grocery assistant goes and checks the price of the potatoes, and yes I do have the right kind of potato. Woman decides she does not want the potato and walks off.

2)Woman 2 who verbally abused me that I was trying to rip her off because I typed in some product codes wrong. First was my fault, I own that. But the second time was because the company had not changed the price so it came up wrong on the computer. Then she proceeded to grab my arm, and then when my supervisor intervened, she grabbed my supervisor too.

3)Woman 3 places a carton of milk half on the counter, half hanging off the counter. Naturally the milk falls and hits her foot. She screams back at me "I didn't hear you say sorry!" I'm not going to say sorry because it was not my fault.

4)Man 1 who gets in a huff because the queue was long and proceeds to yell at me about it. Tell me, what do you want me to do? We're trying to serve everyone as fast as possible. Sure, just let me tell the customers in front of you to leave the store so I can serve you now, k?

5)Man 2 who yells at me because I accidently put washing powder in with the rest of his food groceries (I thought it was baking powder - it was in a very generic small box). He proceeds to leave his grapes behind, and the woman behind him says "That's what he gets for being a dickhead." Right on!

6)I am serving on a cash only line, and because I know that I will have to tell customers that its cash only because having a sign isn't sufficient :) So I tell customers, and most are quite happy about it. But Woman 4 yells back at me "What you don't think I have any cash?!?!". I say to her "I have to tell everyone in the line that its cash only so there's no confusion.". She replies "Well why don't you ask this gentleman here", pointing at the man in front of her. I reply "I have." The customers (a nice elderly couple) I am serving try to explain to her as well. She yells back at them "Shut up!"

7)Man 3 comments on how expensive the paper towels are, which scanned at $3 something. Instead of giving it back to me, so I can put it aside he takes the paper towels and throws them back over his shoulder into the aisle. He's lucky he didn't hit anyone.

I've done a million of stupid things as well on checkouts and as a SA, so I'm definetly not totally right all the time. Plus my supervisors have screwed me over a few times, but that's for another blog maybe :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, ive never experienced anything as bad as what youve been through at woolies! most customers are quite nice, though its frustrating to get people who think that i should know everything about the store and ask stupid, specific questions..usually i just say, "i dunno. im just a checkout chick" =p

p.s. i dont like my hair anymore. it looks like a bob after i sleep on it =(

9:54 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

At DJs people come up to me all the time and ask 'Where's such and such?' If its instore, I can usually point them towards it. But sometimes they ask where the Chanel, Dior (insert expensive brand) boutique is (how on earth should I know?) and I just point them in the direction of the concierge :)

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeh, that happens to me alot in Myer. It's especially bad because we're right in front of the escalators. I can therefore now tell you where you can find most things.... but don't blame me if it's wrong. I'm just the Baku girl.

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

remember when we used to share muffin break and woolies crazy stories! although it totally sounds like you do your best at work to satisfy your customers...us muffin breakers just walk away

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG

i'm surprised your not scarred, but i suppose you are....on the inside.

lol

hilarious, total laugh riot! I'm serious, well i'm sorry if it sounded sarcastic!

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home