Sunday, December 11, 2005

current affairs - more bad news

those cronulla riots are one of those things when you shake your head and go 'idiots!' heading into the shire and beating up lifeguards is never a good move. also, damaging an ambulance was also stupid and unnecessary. i actually didn't think so many we're going to show up given that the police stated that there would be a strong presence there today. i think it also speaks volumes about racial tensions in Australia how this has been escalated from mindless thugs beating up lifeguards to a monumental ethnic vs. anglo battle.

... and in other news the howard government has had a great time in passing IR legislation, as well as VSU. thanks family first! hey, I was 17 in the last election but if I did vote I can guarantee I wouldn't have voted for liberal or family first. for those who did and are now feeling the pain, no consolations from me. also, does anyone else reckon that peter costello is sitting around going "...and he said he was going to retire when?!"

Sad faces all round.

EDIT: SMH poll asked 'What do you see as the cause of mob violence in Cronulla?'. I voted for 'stupidity', which is only second after 'racism'(25%) at 23%

Also, this is only going to isolate the Shire further. Anyone non-Anglo is not going to want to go there - it's just going to get more closed in geographically and racially. I think the majority of people who live in the Shire are against the violence and racism, but I still wouldn't go there because I would feel that I was not welcome.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WORD!

Donna speaks the truth ya'll!

Good to know someone is taliking about the issues, unlike those other blogs that just dedicate blogs for great present giving, oh wait that's me.....

toodles noodles

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home