why I can never be an editor
Today, after finishing a few hours of work on my Film and Video Drama edit, and getting ready to make a digital cut, my sequence disappeared! Literally, my video and audio (V1, A1, & A2) tracks disappeared, and I was left with empty V2 and T/C tracks.
At that point I went insane. I called up production staff, no-one picked up, left a message. I tried Ctrl-Z. Nothing. Then I made the stupid mistake of getting out of Avid (it automatically saves when you quit) and trying to load it again. Again, nothing.
Met up with Keya for lunch, and she made the very valid point that we always say "I just pressed a few buttons, and I don't know what happened!"
So I went back into the labs, loaded my workspace, and tried to arrange everything again. And finished this afternoon. Yay.
I see a trend developing in these blog entries, in that this year, I've developed an intense dislike of camera department, sound department, and now editing!
At that point I went insane. I called up production staff, no-one picked up, left a message. I tried Ctrl-Z. Nothing. Then I made the stupid mistake of getting out of Avid (it automatically saves when you quit) and trying to load it again. Again, nothing.
Met up with Keya for lunch, and she made the very valid point that we always say "I just pressed a few buttons, and I don't know what happened!"
So I went back into the labs, loaded my workspace, and tried to arrange everything again. And finished this afternoon. Yay.
I see a trend developing in these blog entries, in that this year, I've developed an intense dislike of camera department, sound department, and now editing!

2 Comments:
so what happened then? u had to bascially start all over again?
that's so scary that a pressing a few button can screw up everything..
hope it all goes well donna =)
i know...every lesson in FVP is finding out something you DON'T want to do:
camera
sound
editing
lighting
the list goes on...
Post a Comment
<< Home