computer says no
Depressed again.
Think I am forced to edit on the Avids at UTS, seeing as though my single screen at home on Final Cut Pro is a bit too cramped, and I keep on moving windows around which is very frustrating.
Also, did not realise that when you export files out of Avid into Quicktime .mov files, they are Avid-encoded. I can't for the life of me find the codecs to play the stupid files. Even the Avid codecs on their own website didn't help!
I truly believe I am doing something wrong - or there is some higher power that does not want me to edit. Or they want me to edit at UTS.
Think I am forced to edit on the Avids at UTS, seeing as though my single screen at home on Final Cut Pro is a bit too cramped, and I keep on moving windows around which is very frustrating.
Also, did not realise that when you export files out of Avid into Quicktime .mov files, they are Avid-encoded. I can't for the life of me find the codecs to play the stupid files. Even the Avid codecs on their own website didn't help!
I truly believe I am doing something wrong - or there is some higher power that does not want me to edit. Or they want me to edit at UTS.

2 Comments:
can i just say that you're so smart donna, seriously.
They're there, do a search on avid + codec.
If it's the DV one you're after, just download Avid Free DV from AVID.
One extra advantage is that it's theoretically possible to edit with avid files in a FCP timelime. Haven't done it myself with Avid, but it does work with other edit applications.
Post a Comment
<< Home