the joke that divides a nation

There are three reactions to this joke. You love it, hate it, or are mightily confused by it all. As told on set by 2nd AD, Tony who then went around 'testing' everyone.
The Orange Head Joke
Matt decides to visit his friend John one day, and knocks on his door, only to see a rather dejected John, whose head has turned bright orange. A little perplexed, Matt asks, 'Mate, what happened to your head?'
John replies, 'Well you see, I got this lamp right, I rub it, and a genie pops out! The genie grants me three wishes right, so for my first wish, I wish for millions and millions of dollars. The genie clicks his fingers, and immediately, there's money everywhere! For my second wish, I wish for the most beautiful woman in the world, the genie clicks his fingers, and she appears!'
Matt nods thoughtfully, 'Sounds good so far. What did you do for your third wish?'
John sighs. 'I think this is where I think I went wrong. For my third wish, I wished for a bright orange head.'
Good reaction: laughter
Bad reaction: walking away in disgust (like one of our actors)
Confused reaction: silence (like our 1st AD)
Ultimately it is a joke on the person it is being told to, and I think the key to this joke is to gauge the mood of the person you're telling it to before you start. So choose your victims wisely.
*Also clickety-click on the picture for an oddly amusing story. Still trying to work out why it makes me laugh!

3 Comments:
well i laughed =)
i wonder what people wish for when they do get their 'three wishes'
i think i would have one materialistic wish, one 'fix the world' wish and one 'happy family' wish
u?
. i dont get it .
Ok...I don't get it! Someone please let me in on this joke! Have mercy on the befuddled!
Post a Comment
<< Home