Thursday, July 06, 2006

19th Birthday Party @ Kobe Jones & Star City


I celebrated my 19th birthday party early this year, to avoid the birthday curse (I have in past years repeatedly gotten sick on my birthday)! Unfortunately not all of my high school 'group' could make it, so it was just Laura, Ky, Rena, Soph & me.

We were early for our reservation so we strolled along King Street Wharf attempting to eat some waxy green apple licorice, catching up on everyone's lives.

The ambience at Kobe Jones was really nice - we were greeted at the door, and taken to a table with a waterfront view. It was dimly lit, which was terrible for taking photos of the food, but lent the place a gorgeous atmosphere. The service was excellent, our waitress was prompt with everything, clearing away plates, topping up tea, orders, and literally ten minutes after we ordered, the food arrived.

The volcano rolls were absolutely delicious, probably everyone's unanimous favourite. The presentation of each of the dishes was excellent. The fried soft shell crab with teriyaki potatoes, and the dragon rolls (which really did look like a dragon) came close as well. Disappointments of the night included the green tea salmon which was a little too salty, and the baked dynamite scallops weren't very 'dynamite!' with just a smatter of chilli sauce, but otherwise very good. I treated myself to a Kobe Jones Sunset cocktail, which was gorgeous, you could hardly taste the alcohol in it, it was just a wonderful mango peachy drink.

The dessert sampler was so cute! On the tray they had minatures of the resturant's desserts, complete with huge solid dark chocolate chopsticks.

Afterwards, on Laura's suggestion, we headed off to Star City where Soph, Ky, & Rena signed up as members and got $10 of free cash to spend on gaming. Ky won $22 dollars, so in effect, she won back her dinner ("I just pressed something, and I started winning, and I don't know why!") Photo of Ky with her cash.

All in all, a fantastic night out with friends I should really spend more time with. Remember, i'm joining some of you guys for your weekly Thursday-before-TAFE dinners!

*Thanks to Laura for the photos

3 Comments:

Blogger Leana said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
the place sounds amazing ..glad u had a great time

i really wish my tafe classes were on the same days as u guys.. my classes are on wednesdays and fridays =(

looking forward to catching up with everybody at julia's thing =)

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leana, you're going to get Addy. Say hi for me :p

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lets go there again sometime?

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home