Thursday, January 04, 2007

Modest Mouse @ the Enmore


Saw Modest Mouse last night! Good fun. Leana, Johanna, Soph and I ate dinner at Thai Pothong ... where for some mysterious reason, the waitress took my - and only my plate! I guess she didn't know we were sharing food - or she's like "No food for you, you don't deserve any!"

Modest Mouse set was good, but not overly spectacular. The energy was there, specially from the band, but the breaks they'd take between songs would lose the momentum a bit. Also, something was up with the speakers, because every once in a while they'd distort.

Never been in the mid-section of the Enmore before (when they take the seats out), but I got a pretty good view, despite dodging several cases of the curse of the kissing couples (when you have a view of the stage between two people's heads, and they kiss, and your view is gone)

***

In other news, I passed TAFE! Yay! I now have a Certificate IV in Business Management - what I'll do with it, I don't know. One year of torture OVER!

Also, looking for a location for my shoot, and getting quite desperate now. I need the shabby interior of a house (living room/hallway/bathroom) for 3 February. Help me out if you know some place. Even if you silently stalk this blog, please leave me a message - I need help!

2 Comments:

Blogger Leana said...

ok.. letting everybody know how stupid/ clueless i am!

i thought modest mouse were some other band that would be really similar to Death Cab for Cutie AND the postal service

when the lead singer started singing -- i was like-- whoa his voice doesn't anything like the songs i've heard before ..

then it hit me! i have no idea what this band is..

liked catching up with u, we must organise another walk next week sometime.. will email u soon! =)

good luck with the film shoot

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the passing!!!!

but lets be serious.....was there ever any doubt?

2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home