Sunday, December 17, 2006

retro!

Sooo freaked out about even thinking about starting my film. Spoke to one of the other girls who also got funding and she's already got a fairly well-known Australian actress on board, and that just floored me. Whoah.
***
Last night went out for the work Christmas party for our little transcription dept starting at Chedi (previously known as Thai Land) in Newtown, where in the process of me getting up, and trying to put my shoes on again to go buy some wine (they don't allow you to wear shoes in the cushion area) I broke both my DRESS and my SHOES.

The strap snapped when I was twisting around, trying to get my shoes on, and then the fastener for my shoes broke. Lucky I had been out the whole day before, and so I had another outfit and shoes that I'd changed from. Phew.

My third gaffe is when I attempted to pour wine for Bec, without realising that the top was still on! Everyone had a good laugh, but I must have gone a bright red!

I felt so underdressed when we went later to Club Retro (the dept is mainly girls, can't you tell?) in my jeans and tee, amongst a sea of sequins and halter necks. As a child of 1987, it's surprising how long some of these songs have remained popular ... although I'm ashamed to admit that I only know the lyrics of Billy Joel's 'Uptown Girl' from the Westlife cover.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

they changed THAILAND!
that sucks my will to live

3:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol

omg, how the hell does a strap break by twisting?

lol

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home