Friday, November 10, 2006

end of semester bizarreness


It's the END OF SEMESTER! (I still have TAFE stuff to do, but screw that)

In Contemporary Cinema lecture today (although I unfortunately missed it) we watched a bit of Mira Nair's The Laughing Club of India. You know, you've heard about laughing clubs in the media, but in case you've been living in a hole, it's a whole bunch of people who get together and laugh. Apparently it's theurepeutic.

Anyway, my tutor gets the idea that we should have a 'laughing club' in our tutorial. So we went through a series of exercises:
*We pretended we were drawing an arrow back from a bow, and as we pulled back we all said "Ha-ha-ha"
*We walked around the room, slapping hands with people and laughing in their faces
*We clasped our hands together, went up to people and 'genuinely' laughed.

It was all a bit bizarre. I wasn't embarrassed, but several times I had to ask myself the question ... "is this a dream?"

On another note, I have my subjects worked out for next year! Lemme know what you're taking too :)
AUTUMN
Television and Popular Culture
Producing
Creative Techniques for Short Films

SPRING
Documentary Study
Online Documentary
MAP Project (or Cross-Media Production)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come to the Project Screening next Friday night and see if it's a good thing to do...

10:55 PM  
Blogger Leana said...

lol.. i agree with sophia
so what's your major going to be?

crazy crazy next week!!!! can't believe i will be having 4 BIG exams so soon!!! one on mon, one on wed, and TWO on thursday ( miss pub crawl with uni mates, they were planning to go to manning at 11am then onto lansdowne hotel, ALL THE WAY up george st, oxford st to paddington).. =/ i don't finish until 4pm so i think the party will most likely be over by then.. stressing too much to study productively but will probably pull an all nighter to night =) glad to see u're feeling much better today! =) see you soon, in about a week!!

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i'm thinking of doing producing and tv and pop culture too.

i've think i have an essay topic for tv and pop culture. It's going to be "female representation in contemporary science fiction", so basically oodles of x files and stargate and doctor who...OMFG.

ps...when it says...thegregferris...is that...teh greg ferris from like MAP?...he's online? how scary

12:12 AM  
Blogger A said...

yay! we'll have producing and doco study together.
im so jealous its your end of semester already. im still writing my papers and doing stuff for finals.

5:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soph: Because we are cooler than you :) We'll also be unemployed at the end of our degree...

Greg: Can't make it cause of work. If I give you a DVD would it be possible for you to burn a copy? If not, don't worry.

Leana: I don't have a major? I guess I've been doing all film subjects ... so I would be a film/tv major?

LJ: Yay! Class buddy. The Fez being online is pretty scary, I know.

Britt: Another buddy! Good luck for your finals!

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay!
now you say yay! again

4:57 AM  
Blogger Leana said...

hi how do u join a group on facebook? i m stuck!

2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home