Saturday, July 08, 2006

'First Person' wrap party

We had our wrap party on the Level One balcony of the Marlborough Hotel last night. It was a fantastic, laidback night with everyone catching up over drinks, considerably helped by our Executive Producer Kim's donation of a $500 bar tab! Attendees included: Danni, Kim, Ivan, Viv, Paul (DOP), Maya, Dee, Tony, Father Ted, Mrs Ted, Viv's random friend, Dave & Shane.

Beautiful Danni got me a cake, seeing as the wrap party was on the same day of my birthday (I tried to avoid having it on this day, but it couldn't be helped!) I'm terrible with cutting cakes, I had to get Danni to slice it for me, and then I managed to massacre every single piece whilst handing it out.

Tony got sloshed fairly early, and began to repeat the story of 'First Person' over and over again, "It all started with 3 scotch and cokes, and then Viv told me to write a script. It was supposed to be three actors over one weekend ... how did it come to this?" and "Everybody scares the shit out of me! Father Ted you scare the shit out of me!" I also, by some way I can't remember, got roped into Tony and Danni's upcoming projects! But it's all good, I love working with them, so it should be excellent.

After Kim closed off the bar tab at 11pm, and they kicked us out of the balcony, and we went down into the courtyard on the ground level. By this stage, our party was reduced to Viv, Paul (DOP), Dave, Tony & Shane. Despite Dave and my protestations, Viv got us two vodka and red bulls, and then forced us to drink them because she had "give up her sovereignty" (? - apparently she went to the bar, didn't have enough money, couldn't remember her PIN, and had to borrow money off a stranger in exchange for a dance and political talk). Oh, another memorable moment was that guy that I believed was trying to hit on Paul & Dave! By the way, this is not Dave.

Good night out. These people are incredible, and i'm a little sad that I won't see some of them as much anymore :(

2 Comments:

Blogger quaffy said...

I'm glad you didn't get sick!

Sounds like it was great :)

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh it sounds like you had a fantstic night! Sorry I couldn't have been there

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home