Friday, July 14, 2006

very very ill

My birthday was only a few days ago, and I knew, like clockwork, it was time for the yearly flu attack. So for the past couple of days i've been housebound, sneezing, coughing, and wheezing, relying heavily on Strepsils (ignoring the recommended dosage of 1 every 2-3 hours), green tea, vegetable soup, and Lemsip capsules.

I'm slightly better now, but i've missed out on so much over the past few days! Firstly, I missed out on going to Govindas again with the high school gang, and seeing Capote (i've been meaning to see it for AGES), and secondly today, I was going to volunteer on a tv show pilot that could have potentially led to a paid gig. I suppose I could have gone, but my voice is still so very frog-like, and I need tissues and warm tea next to me at all times. I probably would have made everyone very uncomfortable!

Luckily, tomorrrow I think i'll be all recovered, ready for the high tea/dessert buffet! Expect drool-inducing photos tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were a couple of days late this year Donna!

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh btw, Capote is really really good.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Leana said...

lol.. we all said that u were out of wack this year and hopefully it'll continue so that eventually, maybe, 5 years later, u'll no longer have the birthday curse =p

dinner was really good too..
i love potatoes =)

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home