19 Up!
The 7 Up series operates on the principle of revisting its subjects every seven years to see how their lives have changed, and how they have developed from children to adults. Subjects from different races, and socio-economic backgrounds in England are studied to discuss questions of whether the class system perpetuates itself, and whether the subject's own predictions of the future eventuate.
I was watching the series with Mum, and when she saw little cute-as-a-button 7 year-old Jackie come onto screen, she straightaway said "That girl is born to be a mum." That did eventuate in later episodes, but how do you see that in a seven year-old girl?!
The funniest bit of 7 Up is when 7 year-old Nick is asked "Do you have a girlfriend?" He blushes, looks away, and replies "I don't ... answer questions like that." Awwww...
21 Up was probably the most unsettling for me though, probably because that's the stage I'm at now, at 19. I'm absolutely petrified of the future - especially the future that occurs one and a half years from now when I graduate from uni.
There are so many things I want to do ... travel, maybe study a little bit more, build a career, be financially independant, maybe in a few years move out ... but I really don't have a grip on how to achieve these goals.
Those of you who know me well know that I'm neurotic, lack confidence, and have a problem with worrying too much. I still worry when people tell me everything will be fine!

3 Comments:
Are you referring to the movie 49 up, or was it also released in a different form?
Oh nvm, i did my research.
yay for google?
Post a Comment
<< Home