Julia's 20th Birthday Lunch
Happy belated 20th Julia! It was good to see everyone again, seeing as I missed out on Govindas on Thursday night, with everyone (bar ski bunny Kylie) managing to make it to Little Italy!
We started off with bruschetta, topped with tomato, onions, and other good stuff (I don't really care, I just eat! And it was delicious). We also had Little Italy pizza (potato & rosemary), Margarita (isn't that a drink?) pizza, risotto, and many many pasta dishes, the most notable being the gnocchi - little clouds of potato and pasta in a cream & bacon sauce ... yum.
And the cake 'Death by Chocolate' - a huge mass of profiteroles, and chocolate mousse, topped with chocolate icing and chocolate pieces. Double yum.
We haven't changed at all during the past 2 years, despite not seeing each other for months on end - Julia's still a filthy gossip (I'm actually waiting for her to email me and say 'Donna, take that off your blog!') In truth, Julia's the sweetest, loveliest one out of all of us, so again, Happy Birthday Jules!
We started off with bruschetta, topped with tomato, onions, and other good stuff (I don't really care, I just eat! And it was delicious). We also had Little Italy pizza (potato & rosemary), Margarita (isn't that a drink?) pizza, risotto, and many many pasta dishes, the most notable being the gnocchi - little clouds of potato and pasta in a cream & bacon sauce ... yum.
And the cake 'Death by Chocolate' - a huge mass of profiteroles, and chocolate mousse, topped with chocolate icing and chocolate pieces. Double yum.
We haven't changed at all during the past 2 years, despite not seeing each other for months on end - Julia's still a filthy gossip (I'm actually waiting for her to email me and say 'Donna, take that off your blog!') In truth, Julia's the sweetest, loveliest one out of all of us, so again, Happy Birthday Jules!

3 Comments:
i find that really amazing too that none of us have changed dramatically since we 've all left high school... =)
i think i m less of a clown though =p
can u please post up pics of your desserts from high tea?
I have posted up pics haven't I? I thought just to put that one big photo of the desserts so as not to overload people's dialup connections too much!
Awwww you guys enjoyed yourselves! Without me!
That's a crime you know, enjoying yourselves without me. The nerve!
Post a Comment
<< Home