Thursday, March 01, 2007

third-year-itis


So, I spent the whole morning bitching to LJ about being back at uni. She diagnosed me with "third-year-itis", the condition of just being OVER everything.

I love uni for the social life, and being with your friends all the time ... but I can't bring myself to concentrate on assignments and being prepared for class.

I think I'm a little burnt out from Glory. We just finished picture lock on 00:30am Wednesday morning, after editing for about two straight weeks! I just feel like I haven't had a real holiday...

My Television and Popular Culture reader costs THIRTY-ONE DOLLARS. Outrageous. Well it is! Considering that readers last year were max $18, we Arts students feel like we're being ripped off. (Apologies to all the science students who read this blog, we see that hole burned in your pocket)

I AM GOING TO TRAVEL SOMEWHERE AT THE END OF THIS YEAR. Not hardcore travelling for a year, but I really feel like I need at least a month, with friends, to not do any film stuff, no uni, no work.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well Cara and i are going to Queensland at the end of this yr and we want as much people as possible to come!!!!!

so come!!!!

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweetie thats what you always say. and then you went and made that sci-fi one and then glory and then you work at the ABC.
god...you say to yourself why be like that 4?

mary? you're going to queensland again?

12:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Queensland is a good idea... are you going pre-Schoolies season?

I was actually thinking of heading off to China & Japan, but plans are a bit wishy-washy at this stage, and I don't want to go alone!

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll be pleased to know that I've got rid of the third year Project Reader, and have put everything (that was in it) into UTS Online.

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Jeff. I was beginning to think lecturers didn't have any sympathy for our empty wallets and bad backs!

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We don't.

11:20 PM  
Blogger LJ said...

well be glad at least your 3rd-year-itis actually happens in your last year.

mine happend midway through my degree. So i'm pretty much in limbo atm.

12:59 AM  
Blogger Sophia Chong said...

Let's go to China for 4 months! Whee!

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DUDE! 31 frakkin dollars!
that seriously blows.
CONGRATULATIONS ON GLORY! mucho excitement!
3rd-year-itis has attacked me also. A better woman would have deffered for a year ;S

4:37 PM  
Blogger Leana said...

anybody interested in going to nz for skiiing or somewhere in australia for skiing halfway thru the yr?

i would love to go to shanghai and QLD too .. one big party! YAY!
uni starts tomorow with an 8am lecture... =/ and 3 more 8 am starts in a row! UGH!

do we have any lunch breaks together? email me your timetable =)

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home