Thursday, March 29, 2007

extending my degree by a semester

Hmmm, I'm seriously considering dropping my MAP Project (final year film project) subject Spring semester and doing it in Autumn 2008, so that's when I'll complete my degree. I just don't want to flush a couple of grand into the project, seeing that I don't have a coherent idea or script now ... and I want a bit of time to develop it. Plus I get time to work a bit more to fund it.

Having just almost finished 'Glory', I'm finding it so difficult to get my brain in gear for Creative Tech.

I've also just taken up another small job transcribing for a doco (seeing as my financial situation is terrible) and I just have no time!

Hopefully I'm making the right decision. (And I get to delay my entry into full-time work!) Any holes in the plan?

*Changed name of my blog to the title of a song by Hot Chip. Thought the Angus & Julia Stone reference was a bit angsty.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sophia Chong said...

Hot Chip <3

Does that mean no travelling this summer Donna?

Am i going to be (maybe) graduating by myself? :(

7:18 PM  
Blogger Sophia Chong said...

Also, if you think it's the right thing to do, then go for it! You'd want your final project to be something to be proud of, and it can get so hectic with uni and work and everything at the same time!

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gollah.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think it always good to take an extra year to do an undergrad.

Because I did an Associate Diploma before the BA, I ended up taking four years, and it was only halfway through the last year that things 'gelled' creatively for me.

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1:53 AM  
Blogger Joel Caban said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Joel Caban said...

I think it's a great idea Donna.

And as an aside, I think I'm sold on the idea of pushing my year overseas to my final year. This also means that I can do MAP Project at the same time as you. That would like totally be F U N ! Can you say "woot"?!

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home