attack of the vegetables
Mum recently went to the doctor, had a blood test done and it turns out that her cholesterol is quite high. So, our family doctor said if she still hadn't lowered her cholesterol the next time she went in, she'd have to be put on medication. My mum's put her foot down, and has been swearing up and down that she will NOT take the medication.
So in my house, we're officially cutting back on the red meat, salt and seasonings, eggs and upping the ante on beans, vegies, and fruits. ARGH! We've been substituting poultry and fish for red meat, which is ok, fish is good. But I know also what this means - no more red wine steaks at home with rosemary, no more crumbed pork chops with creamy mashed potato, no more tacos or burgers!
AND NO MORE SCRAMBLED EGGS AND BACON AND HASH BROWNS! If any one of you have been to brunch with me, you know how I looove my scrambled eggs and bacon and hash browns.
Hmmm...I predict a tofu future, which is ok - we're Asian, we can handle that sort of thing. If things get desperate, a trip to Vabys might be in order.
So in my house, we're officially cutting back on the red meat, salt and seasonings, eggs and upping the ante on beans, vegies, and fruits. ARGH! We've been substituting poultry and fish for red meat, which is ok, fish is good. But I know also what this means - no more red wine steaks at home with rosemary, no more crumbed pork chops with creamy mashed potato, no more tacos or burgers!
AND NO MORE SCRAMBLED EGGS AND BACON AND HASH BROWNS! If any one of you have been to brunch with me, you know how I looove my scrambled eggs and bacon and hash browns.
Hmmm...I predict a tofu future, which is ok - we're Asian, we can handle that sort of thing. If things get desperate, a trip to Vabys might be in order.

6 Comments:
Yeah I've got the same problem as your mum.
Not to mention the same attitude...
OMG OMG OMG OMG!
i NEED to go the vabys! its like down the road from my house and i desperately want to eat there but everytime we decide to eat out we dont go for deep fried oil basically.
so next time you want to go give me a call.
ps. sorry to hear about your mum but the silver lining is YOU can still eat at vabys.
I would die. Period.
dude, the meals you were describing....
red wine steaks with rosemary,
crumbed pork chops with creamy mashed potato
SCRAMBLED EGGS AND BACON AND HASH BROWNS!
...is you house a five star restaurant? Is your mum like a chef?
No wonder you're such a food enthusiast.
P.S Hope this sorts out your mums cholesterol!
bright side: at least you cn lower your cholesterol :P
oh yeah, and i've moved to http://coolnoodles.livejournal.com/
^^
Post a Comment
<< Home