morning of craziness
Probably isn't all that crazy ... but it's late in semester and I'm socially deprived. So there!
Get into work at 8AM, get three missed calls on my mobile at 8:10AM from the surgery where my mum was getting her cataract surgery done. The surgery was supposed to call Dad to pick her up. They couldn't reach him ... the phone rang out at home, and then every time they tried to call after that, the home phone was engaged. So, they tried calling me, but I couldn't reach him either, so mum went home in a taxi!
You can imagine the ear bashing Dad got when Mum got home... turns out he didn't get to the phone in time, picked it up too late, and then didn't put the receiver back properly. All the time, I'm freaking out at work, trying to call home every so often, and wondering if I should leave work.
Mum is fine though, surgery was probably less than 10 minutes, and she's got this 'eye shield' thing on now, no pirate patch.
Meanwhile, someone from Lateline calls at 8:30AM, wanting a particular transcript. After much confusion trying to find the thing, discovering that I can't find the RECYCLE BIN on one of the computers in work (I swear it doesn't exist or is very cleverly hidden!), sending the wrong script off, we finally find the silly thing on another computer ... grr.
And then I had to return a camera to the UTS store at 9:15AM, a PD170 in those huge boxes whch I lugged all the way from Central. When I get to UTS, there's this huge crowd outside the building and it turns out our building has been FLOODED.
Apparently some air-conditioning pipe carked it on levels 4 & 5 ... not surprised on level 5, we've got this lecture theatre we've nicknamed 'The Freezer' because of how cold it is, and no one knows how to turn it off!
Building flooded? Time to go home! I did actually go home and do uni work, so there.
Also, a group of bogans were yelling at each other behind me as I walked down Central tunnel. Central tunnel just amplifies everything as well, so that was fun.
Get into work at 8AM, get three missed calls on my mobile at 8:10AM from the surgery where my mum was getting her cataract surgery done. The surgery was supposed to call Dad to pick her up. They couldn't reach him ... the phone rang out at home, and then every time they tried to call after that, the home phone was engaged. So, they tried calling me, but I couldn't reach him either, so mum went home in a taxi!
You can imagine the ear bashing Dad got when Mum got home... turns out he didn't get to the phone in time, picked it up too late, and then didn't put the receiver back properly. All the time, I'm freaking out at work, trying to call home every so often, and wondering if I should leave work.
Mum is fine though, surgery was probably less than 10 minutes, and she's got this 'eye shield' thing on now, no pirate patch.
Meanwhile, someone from Lateline calls at 8:30AM, wanting a particular transcript. After much confusion trying to find the thing, discovering that I can't find the RECYCLE BIN on one of the computers in work (I swear it doesn't exist or is very cleverly hidden!), sending the wrong script off, we finally find the silly thing on another computer ... grr.
And then I had to return a camera to the UTS store at 9:15AM, a PD170 in those huge boxes whch I lugged all the way from Central. When I get to UTS, there's this huge crowd outside the building and it turns out our building has been FLOODED.
Apparently some air-conditioning pipe carked it on levels 4 & 5 ... not surprised on level 5, we've got this lecture theatre we've nicknamed 'The Freezer' because of how cold it is, and no one knows how to turn it off!
Building flooded? Time to go home! I did actually go home and do uni work, so there.
Also, a group of bogans were yelling at each other behind me as I walked down Central tunnel. Central tunnel just amplifies everything as well, so that was fun.

4 Comments:
Trust!
I just read my email about the flooding thing, WOW! It's, just, like, WOW...really?
I can't believe it's happened...I go from a disadvantaged school to this....and I thought by going to uni, I was moving up in the world!
LOL
Actually a pipe burst on the roof.
Level 1 Avids completely destroyed, a number of new lab iMacs were water damage, along with one of the level 3 Avids, and some Academics Offices (not mine)...
Arts students are probably the most disadvantaged somehow ... we spend jack all on textbooks, but somehow are continually running out of money, and the government just laughs at us.
Not the shiny new iMacs! That's awful news about the Avids...so, what are we going to edit on?! Do we still have access to the Steenbecks?
Really, just start handing out pirate copies of Final Cut and tell everyone to go home.
but the nice blood red paint job and mondrian looking carpet on level 1 arent damaged right?
RIGHT?!
Post a Comment
<< Home